Buying the Right Socks
Good foot health is obviously important, and wearing the right socks is vital. Here are some tips for getting it right:
- Wear socks with shoes as they are important for absorbing moisture and reducing the risk of blisters and fungal foot infections
- Always buy the best you can afford – they will be more durable and better at wicking away any moisture
- Choose natural fibres – cotton for summer, wool for winter, but also look for bamboo, charcoal and silk – all provide comfort, dryness and reduce the risk of fungal or bacterial infections
- The higher the needle count (fabric density), the more durable they will be
- Buy the right size – too small and toes will claw, too big and blisters can occur. ‘One size’ socks won’t give you the best fit
- Socks shrink in the tumble dryer so make sure they still fit.
- Check the elasticity – if you have diabetes, poor circulation, swollen legs, etc. then an ‘easy fit’ or ‘soft-top’ style is better as it will not restrict the foot
- Other features – the best socks come with additional features to improve your comfort, so also look for cushioned soles, reinforced heels, seamless, arch support, etc.
If you love your feet, get good socks for them! I supply and recommend good quality socks by Toe Tec, PROTECT iT, Dr Comfort and Falke.
Dr Comfort Crew Length Socks£8.95 Select options
Dr Comfort Extra Roomy Crew Socks£8.95 Select options
Falke RU3 Ladies Running Socks£13.00 Select options
Falke TK2 Trekking Sock£13.00 Select options
Protect iT Everyday Comfort Socks£13.00 Select options
Swole Panda Bamboo Socks£8.95 Select options
Toe Tec Amicor Half Plush Socks – Beige£9.00 Select options
Toe Tec Amicor Half Plush Socks – Grey£9.00 Select options
Toe Tec Amicor Half Plush Socks – Navy blue£9.00 Select options
ToeTec Amicor Half Plush Socks – Black£9.00 Select options